Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Job Summary: Maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and related facilities and systems. Perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- Implement and maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure safety procedures in use consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.)
- Diagnose problems, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings.
- Building maintenance and lighting (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, refrigeration systems, etc.).
- Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Required to follow all GMP’s and Safety Regulation.
- Must pass required company drug test and background check.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level.
- Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters)
- Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
- Strong Communication: oral & written
- Analytical problem solving and decision making
- Ability to prioritize
- Detail-Oriented. Strong focus on accuracy of work.
- Knowledge of Multi-Vac and other processing equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently and complete projects in a timely fashion,
- Good communication skills,
- Ammonia Refrigeration experience a plus, but not required.
- Food Service experience a plus, but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 50-80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time