Lead, Inventory Control
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Inventory Control Lead role comes with a great understanding of legacy systems, inventory transactions, and accounting procedures relevant to Sysco’s third party warehouses. This individual will ensure coordinated efforts, metrics tracking, and sustainable processes are in place for a streamlined approach for the designated tasks of Supply Chain Inventory Management’s Inventory Control Team. To include the accountability of ensuring accuracy for Sysco’s third party warehoused inventory balances to satisfy Sysco’s operating company (OpCo) purchases. Confirming all related billings and credits to public warehouses, suppliers and Operating Companies are accounted for properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confirms all daily inventory transactions received from assigned third party warehouse are recorded into the RME system timely, completely and accurately in order to maintain accurate available stock balance
- Ensures that the monthly perpetual inventory reconciliation’s for assigned warehouses (both owned and consigned product) are performed timely, completely and accurately
- Manages the monthly reconciling transactions for the team to provide consistent, timely, and accurate results
- Processes all Operating Company product claims for assigned warehouses timely, completely and accurately
- Interacts with Supply Chain, Business Center, Site Manager, Quality Assurance, and Category Leads as necessary to drive results
- Develops and sustains a feasible hold process that is relevant to the business
- Documents and carries out a physical inventories process that drives accuracy and consistency
- Executes Ad-Hoc reporting relevant to the business
- Drives efficiencies by developing repeatable processes for Inventory Control tasks
- Properly informs management on all open and pending Inventory Control tasks. Determines departmental priorities, assesses work backlogs, plans and assigns work to Inventory Control Associates as appropriate to meet deadlines
- Counsels and trains Inventory Control Associates in their daily work. Recommends and assists planning of group and individual training plans conducted both internally and by outside services.
- Participates in employee selection, termination and salary review processes. Posts job openings, conducts interviews, recommends compensation changes and recommends individuals for employment/termination
- Facilitates preparation of inventory account reconciliations with general ledger
- Downloads daily and monthly IT2VBD report and match to the inventory transactions processed by the Inventory Control Associates.
- Ensures that all warehouse accepted damage and warehouse return claims are processed timely, completely and accurately
- Prepares monthly Aged Inventory , Alfclaims, Schedule 7 & 8 reports.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise Inventory Control Associates. Due to the nature of this position, it is not eligible as a remote position
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Three years’ experience in Supply Chain, Inventory Control, Accounting, or Purchasing
- Mainframe skills (BSCC order processing, inventory control accounts payable and Imports systems)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Sense of urgency/ability to meet deadlines daily and monthly
- Strong organizational skills/ability to handle multiple assignments and manage priorities
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated ability to build functional relationships with developed action plans for process improvement
- Must have the ability to lead, train, and drive change
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Supply Chain, or Business or equivalent experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate among team members, to other corporate departments, and to OpCo personnel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and or move items in the 10-20 lb range.
The job requires travel approximately 5% of the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time