Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Sanitation is responsible for ensuring daily sanitary conditions of equipment and plant are met each day before production starts while ensuring standards and regulatory guidelines are met.
Duties and Job Functions
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. Each employee is responsible for reporting food safety and food quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA).
- Perform cleaning operations of the processing, packaging, staging, dock, bathroom, offices and welfare facilities. This involves disassembly, cleaning parts manually or with high pressure hoses and reassembly of all equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning overhead areas throughout facility including pipes, cords/hoses, refrigeration units, light covers and other fixtures.
- Responsible for preparing the plant each day so it will pass company and USDA inspection.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned. Responsible for overall performance and management of the merchandising department which includes but is not limited to: end customer order fulfillment, inventory management with intent to maintain lowest possible DSO, merchandising activities that enhance profitability (realized equity and earned income overall gross margin), support sales growth, logistics, assist in achieving warehouse operations efficiencies as it relates to inbound product, management and directing/developing department staff
- Manages local SSMC assortment to meet sales demands and execute and support Corporate category growth initiatives
Other Functions and Responsibilites
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
High school diploma or GED
- 1 year foodservice experience in foodservice distribution (preferred)
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage. This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time