Supply Chain Analyst
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for managing multiple work streams for supply chain modeling and analysis in the context of Category Management, CMU Customers, Steady State Optimization, Transportation Networks, Foldout Modeling and other ad-hoc analysis requests. The Supply Chain Analyst will work with external and internal customers on various projects to propose an optimized future state supply chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal and external customers to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy
- Model, analyze and compare various supply chain scenarios using supply chain optimization tools
- Communicate with internal and external customer to understand the business model and obtain current state costs
- Coordinate with key stake holders and help in developing strategies, assumptions and supply chain analysis deliverables
- Research, select and recommend scenario which is the most profitable and executable from business perspective and project cost/savings impact for the future state supply chain
- Work with operations departments to transition from the analysis phase to the execution phase
- Support and Assist Supply Chain Analyst II and Sr. Supply Chain Analyst in effectively selling supply chain change recommendation to internal/external customers
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Operations Management/Supply Chain Management/Distribution and logistics), Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a closely related field.
- 1 year of business analytics experience in supply chain or cost modeling, preferable in a high volume, multi-location, distribution environment, concentrating on supply chain modeling and analysis or related internship experience.
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can interpret large data sets comfortably
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills to interact with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with various levels of Sysco management/departments and external partners/suppliers.
- Exceptional Excel skills with extensive knowledge and experience handling large datasets
- Experience of using Microsoft Access and SQL Server preferred.
- Understanding of applications of mixed integer programming based modeling tools such as i2 Supply Chain Strategist, Infor CAPS Supply Chain Designer or other tools preferred.
- Transportation Network Modeling & Strategy
- Network optimization
- Carrier Optimization
- Continuous Moves Optimization
- Cross Dock Optimization
- Transportation Modeling Software i.e.: i2 Transportation Modeler
- Freight optimization and analysis
- Mode Conversion Analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Empty Miles Optimization
- Multi-stop routing
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time