Night Inventory Supervisor
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Night Inventory Supervisor. This purpose of a Night Inventory Supervisor is to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control function, which includes cycle counts, adjustments, investigations, reporting, gathering information for other departments as needed and the oversight of the Cycle Counters on their shift in order to maintain the accuracy of Sysco IFG inventory throughout our 200,000 SQ FT Warehouse Facility.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
We are conveniently located to the JTA Bus Line; Moncrief Bus 3 and Kings Bus 4.
The Night Inventory Supervisor’s primary responsibilities are:
- Manage the inventory control, and quality assurance functions effectively and direct staff to identify and resolve variances (and potential variances) to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets. Research discrepancies with counts.
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations and Merchandising.
- Communicate with buyers on all availability issues and assist them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives products of the highest quality.
- Check product slots on a daily basis to make certain product is set-up for shipping.
- Communicate regularly with necessary parties on the company’s status on product quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Night Inventory Supervisor Qualifications:
The Night Inventory Supervisor must have the following:
- a High School Diploma or its equivalent
- College Degree Preferred.
- Effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Have at least 2 years Inventory experience and Supervisory experience.
Night Inventory Supervisor Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs. regularly.
- Proficient computer skills; including Excel and Outlook.
- Able to operate a Stand Up Forklift.
- Knowledge of basic math skills are required.
- Have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Must be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test & physical in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time