Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Receiver with Stand-Up Forklift Experience. This position is primarily responsible for checking in products delivered, verifying the product is in good condition and the product has enough shelf life remaining to meet IFG requirements.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
We are conveniently located to the JTA Bus Line; Moncrief Bus 3 and Kings Bus 4.
The Receiver is primarily responsible for:
- Verifying proper dates on product.
- Verifying proper product temperatures.
- Verifying product has been properly labeled by the vendor.
- Verifying proper condition of product.
- Verifying that product being received matches IFG’s order.
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
- Other Operations duties as assigned.
The Receiver must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, and have at least 6 months of warehouse experience.
- Stand-Up Forklift (Reach Truck) experience, required.
- Experience of at least 6 months in a Warehouse environment required.
- Safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
- Stand for long periods of time, with frequent walking.
- Knowledge of Julian dates is preferred.
- Have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Must be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time