Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Cycle Counter. This purpose of a Cycle Counter is to is perform cycle counts, adjustments, locate missing products, keep various reports up to date, gather information for other departments as needed in order to maintain the accuracy of Sysco IFG inventory and verify inventory throughout our 200,000 SQ FT Warehouse Facility.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
We are conveniently located to the JTA Bus Line; Moncrief Bus 3 and Kings Bus 4.
The Cycle Counter is primary responsibilities are:
- Provide technical, customer relations and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Cycle count pick slots and reserves in the building.
- Research discrepancies with counts.
- Correct product placement within the facility to match the warehouse management system.
- Research daily warehouse outs.
- Place product on hold with issues to be reviewed by upper management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cycle Counter Qualifications:
The Cycle Counter must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English, and have at least 2 years of Warehouse/Distribution experience, Inventory experience and RF system experience.
Cycle Counter Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs. regularly.
- Basic computer skills; including Excel and Outlook.
- Able to operate a Stand Up Forklift.
- Knowledge of basic math skills are required.
- Have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to follow Preferred Work Methods.
- Must be able to work safely in all areas of the warehouse.
*** The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times. Longer workloads occur during the busy season.
*** All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo and pass the following before their first day of employment:
- Pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Sysco policy
- Criminal Records Check
- Verification of Previous Employment
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time