Production Warehouse Coordinator
Company: Sysco Western Minnesota
Location: US-MN-St. Cloud
Zip Code: 56304
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 900 Highway 10 south, St. Cloud, MN, 56304
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for keeping accurate and up to date inventories of raw materials and supplies. Will be responsible for ensuring that all incoming raw materials and supplies meet the specifications and guidelines of the HACCP Program. Will document and keep accurate records of all items shipped and received.
- Keeping an accurate and accountable inventory system.
- Shipping finished product to Distribution Company and proper paper work.
- Receiving raw materials and supplies and completing the proper paper work.
- Transferring raw materials to and from the distribution building to coordinate with the Production run schedule.
- Maintain an organized and safe freezer-working environment. (Excess frost removal)
- Assist and coordinate the prepping of raw materials.
- Dating all products in cooler with use by dates and ensuring that all product rotation is done correctly.
- Ensuring that product is used by the date shown.
- Coordinate all shipping and receiving with outside carriers.
- Gather and record all necessary information on incoming raw materials as required by plants HACCP Program.
- Incoming product temperature.
- Quantity and weight against P.O. amounts.
- Condition of product.
- Lot numbers of product.
- Organoleptic inspection
- Carrier inspection report.
- Keeping shipping and storage areas neat and clean of all debris.
- Report any damaged or spoiled product with an explanation and all facts.
- Keep truck clean.
- Inform steak cutters when boxed beef cases come in so that they can be properly rotated & put away.
- Any other duties assigned by production manager.
- 18+ years of age
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check).
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- CDL Class A license or willing to obtain.
- 6 months experience in production setting
- Less than high school education.
- Must have accurate paperwork skills.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes and demonstrates safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Uses all required PPE consistently.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch, and talk and hear. The associate must regularly lift and /or move 40-60 pounds, and occasionally lift 70 - 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, extreme cold and/or humid conditions and slipper/icy environment; moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is constant but is under the OSHA standard. Must be able to work in a cool environment (40 – 50 degrees) on a regular basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time