Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Buyer.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
Primary responsibility includes achieving company inventory management goals for assigned products which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer service, PO accuracy (cost, quantity, dates), minimal spoilage and shrink, and managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO Execute a replenishment strategy that supports supply chain efficiencies
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, spoilage and shrink to achieve corporate goals. Manage OpCo level SKU count and resolve replenishment issues as required. Manage returns to suppliers and supplier inventory allowances
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines. Maintain PO product and freight cost accuracy. Manage forecasting and demand planning for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Collaborate with product support advisors, suppliers, brokers, and sales teams. Process payments with currency exchange in consideration.
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies. Work with operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies in receiving and warehousing. Follow up for documentation needed for clearing containers.
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate, domestic, and international market guidelines. Manage forecasting and demand planning based on domestic and international trends
- Execute and support product recalls as required. Execute enterprise purchasing initiatives
This Category Planner must:
- Hold a Relevant Bachelor’s degree. (HSD or GED combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions.)
- 1+ year professional business experience.
- Purchasing/merchandising experience highly preferred.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment is a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Strong attention to details and follow up.
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best practices.
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills & understanding of product forecasting.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
*****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
*****Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
*****This opportunity is available through Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time