Master Data Specialist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Performs activities required to create, change, validate and rationalize enterprise master data.
- Performs activities related to enterprise-level master data management including:
- o Review, validate and execute global master data create & change requests in multi-system environment
- o Perform basic statistical and relational analysis of large data sets to identify and correct inconsistencies & anomalies
- o Validate and syndicate changes to master data (Customer, Material, Vendor) as approved by business review process including but not limited to requests to create, change, extend, block / unblock, activate / deactivate, or otherwise modify master data
- o Analyze, validate, prioritize and execute requests for mass maintenance of Customer, Material and Vendor master data to ensure the appropriate standards and governance rules are maintained
- o Monitor workload balancing system and process constraints to ensure service level targets are maintained
- o Communicate and liaise with buiness units to thoroughly understand business requirments and impact of master data changes
- o Inform and advise requestors and key stakeholders of status as appropriate
- o Review, validate and execute Customer & Vendor hierarchy create and change requests
- o React to escalation notices to expedite creation or changes to master data by prioritizing and rebalancing other requests using a defined escalation protocol as needed
- o Apply business rules and best practices when reviewing requests to identify errors in global data fields and reject, escalate or remediates errors
- o Mult-task in a multi-functional environment while maintaining service level targets
- o Prioritize, execute, follow up and track data collection & validation projects (RFD)
- o Maintain and enhance Customer, Material and Vendor master data governance rules, standard operating procedures(SOPs), naming convention and other enterprise data standards
- Liaises closely with other business units throughout the organization as appropriate
- Bachelors Degree
- Wholesale foodservice distribution experience, master data analysis or similar data management experience.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- At least 2 years related experience analyzing, validating and posting data or a bachelor degree. Experience and knowledge of departmental functions, terminology and interrelationships for data types such as: Customer (Create, Accts Receivable, Finance, Sales & Mktg, Customer Support, etc.), Vendor (Create, Procurement, Supply Chain, Accts Payable, etc.), and Material (Create and Change, Procurement, Supply Chain, etc.).
- Ability to select and consistently apply standard policies and procedures
- Basic statistical and relational analysis skills including sound logical reasoning
- Ability to analyze and resolve questions and problems independently
- Very good oral and written communication skills with ability to furnish concise information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, high transaction team environment. Complete work within defined service targets in situations with tight turnarounds and deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Intermeditate to Advance Experience with Microsoft Office suite with particular enphsis of MS Excel, SAP and SAP-Master Data Management application experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time