Sr. Manager, Market Basket Analytics
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of talented analysts support the bid, RFP, and market basket process for national sales prospects and key customers. You will work closely with sales leadership, supplier partners, and pricing strategy teams to map out and prioritize work to deliver accurate and timely results that directly impact business results. In addition you will further develop current routines and define key metrics to enable efficient performance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own and manage all national account market basket work; responsible for all activities related to market baskets, item matching and optimization. Includes identifying and negotiating scope of work and timelines, project managing completion and accuracy, and proactively sharing any challenges to sales and department leadership.
- Coach and lead a high performing team of 5-6 individual contributors; provide guidance and direction for best practices around time management, prioritization, communication, accountability and quality of work. Responsibility for personnel decisions and alignment with department long term goals.
- Develop all market basket templates, timelines, and quality standards. Identify and monitor key metrics to ensure continuous improvement of department processes and procedures.
- Develop ideas and tools to improve usability of Sysco’s internal data sources. Work cross functionally with business technology and other stakeholders to automate or improve existing processes to streamline accuracy and performance.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of progressive experience, 2+ years’ experience with direct reports. 2+ years of project management experience in a multi-dimensional environment preferred.
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma preferred.
- Distribution or foodservice experience a significant plus.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Quantitative problem solver; analytical thinker who can draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Experience defining and optimizing a process utilizing technology as a driver
- Experience leading a team; demonstrated ability to manage performance effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills; comfortable in front of an executive audience
- Collaborative team player who works well with others to achieve positive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embraces change and the challenge to innovate that comes with it
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, data connections, macros and automation)
- Intermediate Powerpoint skills (e.g., ability to create and manipulate decks, add charts and other visuals)
- This position will be located at the headquarters facility in Houston Texas
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time