Band Saw Operator - Meats
Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Location: US - CO - Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Job Summary: Ability to safely operate the band saw machine and/or knife.
Reports to: Production Supervisor/ Manager
Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Clean, trim, slice and weigh meats.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any other excess fat.
- Use knives, and saw to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Required to follow all GMP's and Safety Regulation.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
- Able to keep up with machine only with certain products, count pieces and put them and identify product.
- Cut pieces accurately weight, and separate meat into specified lugs.
- Move the gondolas when full of meat.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player. Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented and Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times.
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background. All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and Buckhead Meat of Denver.
As indicated above this job description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time with and/or without notice.
I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
I have read and understand my job duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time