Director of Business Resources
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Intermountain
Location: US-UT-West Jordan
Zip Code: 84081
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Director of Business Resources is an equal member of the senior sales leadership team. This position will be included in all strategic planning, decisions, and execution as it pertains to local sales. The sr. sales leadership team will consist of the VP of Sales, RSM(s), and Director of Business Resources.
Through the senior sales leadership team this position will drive the OpCo’s strategic plan of growing sales, increasing penetration and reducing lost business. Furthermore, this leadership role is responsible for overseeing and deploying the OpCos resources (specialists, business review consultants and chefs, marketing and training) with the goal of enhancing the customer experience and achieving the OpCos financial plan.
- Work directly with OpCo and Sales Leadership teams to develop, promote and support initiatives to drive sales
- Serve as a gatekeeper to manage, coach, provide feedback and lead sales support roles at the OpCo (product specialist, business review consultants, training managers, chef etc.) keeping the internal and external customer at the forefront of our business plans
- As noted in Sysco’s Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile).
- Under the direction of the VP of Sales; support or lead the coordination and execution of corporate, market, or OpCo initiatives among local associate
- Interpret data in the form of reports and harnesses data insights to provide feedback to team, align priorities, and discover business opportunities / focus areas
- Directs the activities for specialists, business review consultants, chefs and brokers, providing direct leadership for these roles
- Review corporate-supplied customer and item target reports with brokers to deploy broker support against highest potential opportunities in the field
- Drive brand focus and champion innovative items and CatMan conversion products through support of merchandising
- Coordinates with Sales and Marketing teams to utilize resources in the most effective way to grow profitable sales
- Utilizes KPIs/metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of various business resource efforts including specialist deployment and new business, retention and penetration strategies
- Drives efforts around new business, lost business and penetration of existing accounts, aligning resources to toward unified goals
- Communicates growth and retention opportunities to a broad range of stakeholders, including the VP of Sales and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) on a frequent basis
- Provides specialized product knowledge of core Sysco products and translates into business opportunities with customers
- Develops new ideas and concepts for displaying and presenting products at trade shows, district sales meetings and other inside and outside promotions and events
- Assists with the people development strategy of team and supports recruiting and hiring decisions
- Support the development of Emerging Concept/LCC concepts both originating in the OpCo and coming in from other OpCos
- Leverage Corporate Resources and Tools (e.g. LCC template/playbook, Market Analytics, or other sales tools) to support growth and customer retention
- Significant use of Sysco 360 as a communication, collaboration and analytical tool
- Strategic - will need to prioritize high impact activities.
- Leadership – engage OpCo leaders and team members to prioritize activities and drive growth.
- Teamwork – integrate multiple disciplines within the department, as well as other functional leaders to accomplish desired results.
- Follow Up – Communication, feedback and consistent follow up to keep engagement at a high level.
- Prior Sales leadership experience preferred. Ability to interact well with customers (internal and external).
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in sales and/or management in the food services industry. Leadership experience is preferred.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to lead both direct and indirect relationships effectively
- Solid analytical problem solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Sysco customers and sales support best practices
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of SYSCO. Familiarization with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of Spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel) and Word Processing software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The management core is based out of the Operating Company main office
- Occasional field work – up to 25% based on geography.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time