Inventory Control Supervisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: HFM Foodservice
Zip Code: 96819
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Inventory Control supervisor is responsible for supervising associates who maintain accurate perpetual inventory records that properly reflect on-hand stock levels available for sale, for safeguarding the Company’s inventory variances, and for identifying areas of improvement which would enhance service levels to our customers. In addition, oversees the Driver Check-In quality assurance functions. This position is also responsible for administering the Product Recall function and HACCP compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions and directs associates to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets.
- Maintains, develops, and implements procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred.
- Supervises the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and in a timely manner, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made in a timely manner.
- Interfaces with the Transportation department to ensure driver compliance with obligations adjustment and driver check-in procedures.
- Interfaces with the Warehouse Department to ensure warehouse associate comply with all inventory control procedures including the receiving, returns put-away, selection, and product recoup processes.
- Responsible for the training and cross-training of all members of the inventory control functions.
- Reviews daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise personnel.
- Provides weekly comparative numbers on inventory adjustments for all damages to include the names of those areas in which damage was reported.
- Provide reports on all delivery shorts, warehouse shrink, cycle inventory, out of stocks, and any other miscellaneous adjustments.
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes for shrink.
- Participates in hiring decisions and training of new inventory associates.
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates.
- May be involved with vendor returns and invoicing.
- May be involved with the filing of claims with RDC.
- Manages the Product Recall process.
- Ensures that the Company is HACCP compliant.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years inventory control supervisory experience required.
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Relational Database concept
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate.
- HACCP Certification preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work typically is performed both in an office and warehouse environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures below 32 degrees; and sometimes below zero degrees for short periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Working hours could extend beyond normal business hours depending on varied workload.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time