Company: The SYGMA Network, Denver, CO
Location: US - CO - Denver
Zip Code: 80238
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Supervises warehouse personnel to ensure an efficient, accurate and orderly completion of the daily picking and loading of routes while maintaining a neat, orderly and sanitary warehouse environment.
Assign daily work load to warehouse personnel. Mapping of the daily routes to ensure proper legal weight limits. Supervise the picking and loading of routes insuring the accuracy of those orders.
- Monitor and maintain Putty / Slim productivity tracking system.
- Understand AS400 / Swat functions and apply to daily duties.
- Ensure that all trailers are assigned to proper routes.
- Ensure building and trailers are secured at the end of the shift.
- Coach and supervise employees in the preferred work methods / selection techniques.
- Perform required employee observations.
- Perform ten minute safety meetings and write no less than five coach cards weekly.
- Write employee performance reviews.
- Continually inform warehouse manager of potential problems and changes.
- Responsible for add-ons or deletions for daily routes.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product, especially highly perishable goods.
- Acts as back up to the warehouse manager.
- Maintain warehouse operation in accordance with company compliance standards.
- Maintain a level of warehouse cleanliness that will result in a score from AIB & ASI no less than superior.
- Complete daily sanitation schedule.
- Compile daily productivity and reliability statistics.
- Special projects as assigned by warehouse manager.
POSITION DIMENSIONS: (Exempt Positions Only)
Positions Directly Supervised
# of Person Supervised
20 – 40
Annual Center Sales Volume: $250 -300 Million
Total Personnel involved to achieve sales volume: 65-75
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma plus 3 - 4 y years experience in warehousing, including forklift and pallet jack experience.
Work is medium to heavy in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks. Occasional lifting of 50 - 75 lbs. is required. Must be able to communicate clearly with shippers and employees.
Must be able to read at a distance up close, and at arms length, with or without correction.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold while supervising in the freezer. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Forklift, pallet jack certified.
I verify that, to the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements necessary to complete the essential duties of this job.
Signature of applicant Date
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time