Sr Mgr, Process Improvement
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In this role you will be responsible for leading continuous improvement efforts across a variety of areas focused on supporting Sysco’s national account sales team and its customers. You will be accountable for mapping out current state workflows, clearly defining roles and responsibilities, and driving the efficient design of business processes to reduce ambiguity and improve accuracy, timeliness, and overall consistency of execution. Finally, you will partner with Sysco’s business technology team to explore emerging technologies to accelerate automation and machine learning when possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction to internal stakeholders; develop more formalized process mapping and standardization, efficient communication, staging and data manipulation.
- Deliver incremental improvement on existing process by helping to create automated tools to eliminate redundancy and human error while saving time and creating more efficient processes
- Lead, teach, and train team members in continuous improvement techniques and processes (TQM, Six Sigma, Agile, Lean, etc.)
- Constantly seek and share best practices across the organization; seek out additional process improvement opportunities by leveraging best practices and information from other departments and teams.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field required. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in project management and/or process improvement, distribution or foodservice experience a plus.
- Consulting experience with large organizations a plus.
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN and Six Sigma preferred.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Certified Black Belt from an industry accredited program preferred
- Lean certification from an industry accredited program preferred
- Consulting Experience preferred
- Experience defining and optimizing a process utilizing technology as a driver
- Strong written and oral communication skills; polished presentation skills in an executive environment
- Collaborative team player who works well with others to achieve positive results
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- This position will be located at the headquarters facility in Houston Texas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time