Analyst, Logistics Systems
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Reporting to the MANAGER, LOGISTICS SYSTEMS & DATA CONTROL; the LOGISTICS SYSTEMS ANALYST will be responsible for supporting the effective application of the TMS (Transportation Management System) by the corporate logistics user community, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party carrier partners. This individual will support all continuous improvement related initiatives and functional enhancements such that the TMS is leveraged to adapt and execute effective optimization of all inbound load planning, service delivery, and cost-to-serve for our operating companies.
The position will support all upgrade implementations and provide insights on system configuration/testing, training delivery and project management assistance throughout these projects. This role will also assist in coordination of activities with BT resources as well as collecting assessment needs related to systems changes; in conjunction help develop that information into useful documents to facilitate those changes with local management and operations.
- Lead activities on system modifications, configuration, testing and user training related to Sysco’s inbound transportation management system (TMS)
- Oversee the carrier onboarding process and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Interpret Sysco inbound logistic carrier contracts and influence how they are to be configured in the TMS
- Coordinate upgrade support needs for system go live activities, ramp up and stabilization including user acceptance
- Identify, document and drive TMS related enhancements and or patches
- Provide expertise on questions, enhancements and functions of transportation management system
- Drive system maintenance, configuration and process improvements for projects involving TMS including new TMS deployments
- Communicate duties performed and governed by the Transportation Data Control Team
- Provide TMS training for Sysco staff and third party partners
- Responsible to follow training methodology and materials for TMS Systems
- Develop and make improvements to training and process documentation
- Provide insight for opportunities to improve TMS Systems effectiveness and value
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Management Systems, Business, or Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with Transportation Management Systems (SAP/Oracle/Manhattan) or maintenance and implementation support in a large scale logistics or distribution environment strongly preferred.
- In lieu of a college degree, candidates with a high school diploma and at least 5 years of proven performance in a supply chain environment working with TMS could be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deliver extensive training programs to individuals leveraging TMS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to address OPCOs and Corporate upper management
- Strong ability to read and understand technical documents related to multiple disciplines of supply chain
- Ability to build strong relationships, and collaborate effectively with other leaders inside and outside the organization including Inbound Supply Chain Operations, Legal and Business Technology
- Ability to persevere and achieve goals and objectives despite obstacles and resistance
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Preferred experience with a transportation management system, payment system, or electronic signature software
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook and Business Objects
- Knowledge of SUS, VRFS, RME, DocuSign is a plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time