Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This role is part of the Category Assortment and Strategy Team with a primary focus on innovation. More specifically, this role will be focused on managing the step-by-step approach to filling Sysco’s national innovation pipeline from concept identification to product commercialization. Additionally, this role will provide analytics required to enable Sysco’s innovation process to achieve key strategic business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes various (internal/external) data sources and reporting solutions to monitor ongoing performance, identify opportunities, and optimize innovation assortment. Creates and delivers insightful, meaningful and actionable analyses in an effort to drive measurable results. Engages internal and external partners to take action on the insights, sharing CES perspective and asking questions of the team in order to determine next steps.
- Owns sales target creation process, including working with business teams to identify appropriate target criteria, ensuring reports are created, and distributing to OpCos, suppliers, and brokers.
- Performs topline and depth analysis on the performance of innovative and new products as well as provides regular reporting as needed. Leads creation of weekly tracker and weekly newsletter communication that is shared with OpCo leadership, as well as CES suppliers and brokers.
- Provides additional analytical and planning support to the Category Assortment & Strategy on an as needed basis
- Manages Sysco’s product innovation process from concept inception to product commercialization to national launch
- Leads planning and execution of semi-annual innovation showcase, including call for submissions, aligning cross-functional teams on concepts that will be evaluated, organizing the execution of the showcase, and communicating results to suppliers
- Leads Operator and OpCo concept evaluation process, engaging Customer Insights and Business Resource teams to fully execute and gather feedback. Uses feedback to develop recommendations for each concept and aligns with business centers and cross-functional partners to finalize which items will be launched.
- Enables a higher level of connectivity between key stakeholders (SMS, OpCos, supplier/broker) to ensure the effective execution of sales strategies, plans, and goals
- Works directly with SMS, marketing and suppliers to ensure adequate support for innovative product launches is identified, created, and delivered including both a national push (stocking, POS, online content, collateral) and pull (promotion, couponing, direct to customer) activities
- Facilitates product evaluations by working with key stakeholders to determine product cutting scope, approach, attendees, and communicates results/follow up activities
- Leads creation of monthly new product guide, including coordination with business teams to collect content, reviewing content, producing the guide, and communicating final guide
- Facilitates a higher level of collaboration with cross functional team (including sales, marketing, insights, culinary, QA, legal, and sourcing) to ensure the successful communication and implementation of the commercialization of innovation
- Assists in the planning and presentations to key customers; works with CMU to determine product scope/comparable items, customer needs, presentation roles
- Assists in the successful execution of the category business planning process
Strategy & Insights
- Conducts research, stakeholder interviews, and brainstorming sessions to create insights-based strategies
- Leads strategic analysis projects to improve the understanding of CES brand perception and customer ROI by partnering with Insights, Marketing, and Category Development teams to define and clarify strategies and action plans for various platform initiatives
- Acts as a CES subject matter expert and provides guidance and input to cross functional teams
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Motivated self-starter who can work with limited direction and be successful
- Accurate, detail-oriented and organized with solid business acumen
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions and can influence others to achieve a common goal
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and is adaptable to shifting priorities
- Excellent communicator who can influence others including those at, above, and below senior manager level
- Minimum 5 years required experience in a combination of analytics and/or project management
- Experience in marketing, market research, business analytics, and/or category management
- Demonstrated ability in the creation and delivery of business performance reporting
- Successful history of working in cross-functional team
- Experience working in foodservice, distribution, retail, or wholesale industry (preferred)
- Solid verbal and written communication
- Business Objects
Microsoft Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time