Delivery Driver Atlanta
Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Basic Job Concept:
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, rotate their coolers if applicable, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
Assistant Transportation Manager
VP of Operations
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background driving a straight truck.
- Knowledge of the geographical area preferred.
- Experience in handling money preferred.
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times.
- Rotate coolers for customers in confined spaces.
- Call in when customers does not receive their entire order (shorts).
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre-trip inspection.
- Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
- Assist in shipping and loading trucks for afternoon routes and palletize product.
- Handle any customer complaints professionally.
- Follow all PWMs as designated by position.
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicles at end of shift- clean cab and box.
- Responsible for following all DOT regulations.
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties requested by the Supervisor or Manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- CDL Class A or B
- A valid DOT medical card
- No DUI convictions – maximum of three points on MVR.
- No chargeable accidents within last three (3) years
- Proven ability to communicate articulately in English and perform simple arithmetic.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time