Material Handling Equipment Maintenance Associate
Company: Sysco Central Warehouse
Location: US-VA-Front Royal
Zip Code: 22630
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
This position is responsible for performing required maintenance and repairs on all material handling rolling equipment (MHE) at the Northeast Redistribution Center. The MHE Maintenance Associate is required to safely perform these functions to the proper specifications as defined by the respective equipment manufacturer using the proper tools and equipment. Performs all duties safely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and repair service and assessment of all MHE.
- Repair and replace worn or damaged parts on MHE equipment.
- Repair, rewire and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs.
- Test equipment after adjustment/repair to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintain MHE parts inventory for regularly used parts. Research and place parts orders with supervisor’s approval.
- Ability to work at heights from a scissor lift or forklift cage.
- Collaborate effectively with outside contractors to ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner.
- Replace mobile computer and scan gun components as needed.
- Report any unfixable/unsafe issues immediately to the supervisor.
- Enforce lock out/tag out procedures as required.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize equipment downtime and expense.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with coworkers, and when dealing with associates at all levels.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records and history of equipment maintenance and repair utilizing equipment maintenance software program.
- Ensure assigned work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules, performs tasks and operates appropriate MHE equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, AIB, etc.)
- Perform other maintenance duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills between associates of all levels and outside contractors.
- Must provide own basic mechanic tools appropriate for the defined function.
- Must have the ability to read mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical blueprints.
- Prefer forklift OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) service training.
- Must be certified or have the ability to become certified on MHE equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred. Three to five years of forklift equipment maintenance experience or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. May be required to continue education by attending training seminars for equipment maintenance and repair. Must remain up to date on proper maintenance and repair procedures as defined by the equipment manufacturer(s).
Must have ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to read and write simple correspondence. Must have the ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations, and communicate effectively with co-workers, visitors and outside contractors.
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Must possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Must be detail oriented; and possess the ability to see problems through to completion. Must also have the ability to prioritize work to ensure timely task completion. Must be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and the ability to deal with standardized situations with frequent variables. Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certification on material handling equipment or the ability to become certified is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
The working conditions and physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is also frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The job is performed in maintenance and warehouse environments. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is occasionally exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments including temperatures of -10 degrees. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, contained toxic or caustic chemicals. The associate is frequently exposed to varying voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on operational requirements.
The position may require some travel to support RDC business needs.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jill Slaughter at 540-631-2375
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time