Manager, Price Strategy
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of talented analysts to continuously define pricing strategy and revenue optimization plans for some of Sysco’s largest and most important national account customers. Your critical thinking ability and analytical skills will be integral in working daily with senior leaders to validate threats, assess opportunities, and ultimately drive value for customers and for Sysco. You will own responsibility for the strategic direction and prioritization of your team’s work, and will have the opportunity to present your findings and recommendations to customers on a regular basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thought leader and decision maker for an assigned national account segment; responsible for all activities related to customer pricing strategy. Includes analysis of business threats, communication of proactive opportunities, significant direct customer interaction and presentation at the senior executive level, and elevation of issues to VPNA and Segment Leadership.
- Develop strategies, create analytical tools, and define processes that enable the sales organization to effectively measure the impact of pricing as a strategic driver of business results across the multi-unit account landscape. Work cross functionally to automate or improve existing processes to streamline accuracy and performance.
- Coach and develop a high performing team of 3-6 individual contributors; provide guidance and direction for best practice around analysis, pricing, communication and accountability. Responsibility for personnel decisions and alignment with department long term strategy and goals.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field required. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 6+ years quantitative analytics experience; distribution or foodservice experience a plus.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Well developed influencing and negotiating skills; ability to act as internal advisor to senior leaders
- Experience leading a team; demonstrated ability to manage performance effectively
- Ability to prioritize effectively; sequence multiple work streams to meet deadlines
- Quantitative problem solver; analytical thinker who can draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Strong written and oral communication skills; polished presentation skills in front of an executive audience
- Collaborative team player who works well with others to achieve positive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embraces change and the challenge to innovate that comes with it
- Proficency in database reporting; Experience in SQL, 1010Data, R or other relevant software preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, data connections, macros and automation)
- Intermediate Powerpoint skills (e.g., ability to create and manipulate decks, add charts and other visuals)
- This position will be located at the headquarters facility in Houston Texas
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time