Inventory Control Associate
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Under general supervision, maintain integrity of physical inventory counts. Cycle count and audit product. Identify damaged product and process necessary inventory adjustment or recoup product.
Hours will be Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cycle count all aisles of the warehouse as directed per inventory department guidelines.
- Cycle count and verify product expiration dates on a daily basis.
- Consolidate and transport all damage items placed at the end of the aisles to the recoup area daily. Identify and properly handle any damaged product found in warehouse slots on a daily basis.
- Cycle count high dollar items on a weekly basis per inventory department guidelines.
- Cycle count any item upon request of Warehouse Management or Merchandisers.
- Verify product counts of inventory as needed.
- Coordinate the process of ensuring all returned merchandise is scanned and returned into correct slots daily.
- Repack and return to stock any sellable merchandise damaged on truck or warehouse.
- Put any product of questionable integrity on hold status and notify the appropriate merchandiser and quality assurance if appropriate.
- Pre-stage and verify count of all vendor return product.
- Transfer product stock to different slot locations and put UPC labels on product where appropriate.
- Able to act as receiving clerk to receive inbound merchandise.
- Conduct research of product transactions when there is a 5 or more quantity variance or over $100 total variance regarding an item.
- Communicate with various departments (warehouse, accounts payable, accounts receivable) to ensure proper procedures, policies and corrective action is applied.
- Assist in product recalls as needed.
- Responsible for daily distribution of UPS and FedX deliveries.
- Serve as a product recall coordinator.
- Adhere all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as needed.
General working conditions – Environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from the Inventory Control Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds regularly is required.
- Certification for the operation of warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, stand up forklifts, Dakota BFC handhelds, pallet wrapper) is required.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of previous Inventory Control experience preferred.
- Good communication and math skills are required.
- Previous warehouse experience is desired.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data and proficiency with 10 key is required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time