Company: Buckhead Meat and Seafood Chicago
Zip Code: 60140
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations and maintenance in an assigned department. The Maintenance Technician will have responsibility to achieve productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, safety, and EOE objectives through both individual and team contributions.
- Electrical equipment maintenance experience is a plus
- Machine repair & assembly; will train
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery within the plant. Inspecting greasing, replacing worn parts as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Observes safety rules while operating equipment.
- Assist with morning equipment set up.
- Uses, distributes, and maintains materials, tools and equipment in a secure, safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Returns and/or ensures the return of all tools, materials and equipment to appropriate storage area in a timely manner.
- Promptly reports any lost, damaged, or broken tools or equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates proper operation of equipment and tools as needed to ensure employee safety.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs.
- Responds to emergency requests within established standard of promptness.
- Ensures that emergency repairs are completed according to established procedural guidelines and that any necessary follow-up is conducted.
- Maintains accurate records of materials used.
- Regularly checks/repairs locks, cylinders, hinges, door closers, and related security hardware and electronic systems
- Some Saturdays & overtime are mandatory
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
These open positions require the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the application, please contact Steven Jedras at 847-683-2042
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time