Company: Asian Foods
Location: US-MN-St. Paul
Zip Code: 55117-3995
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 1300 L'Orient St, St. Paul, MN 55117-3995
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for scheduling trucks for inbound product delivery and acting as a control point for the warehouse.
- Schedules appointments for all incoming shipments, working with the Purchasing Department and various trucking companies. Provides updated truck information to Purchasing Department every few hours.
- Utilizes the SWMS (SYSCO Warehouse Management System) to assist with the closing of purchase orders.
- Assigns inbound trucks to specific warehouse doors.
- Maintains shellfish information and various other files in order to be in compliance with HACCP.
- Orders chep and wood pallets and various other supplies for the warehouse.
- Maintains warehouse office files, including Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Checks in trucks as needed at the receiving desk.
- Maintains Billing to lumping service and trucking lines.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors, suppliers, freight companies and dispatchers to identify and resolve scheduling and billing problems.
- Prepares schedule and other paperwork for next day deliveries.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Pass mandatory ergonomics testing.
- High-volume food distribution experience.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent G.E.D. or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the following: product receiving techniques and procedures, products sold by SYSCO; SYSCO safety and security policies; equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of the equipment;
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software.
- Excellent telephone skills.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in an office and warehouse environment with various levels of temperature and noise.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time