Admin Assistant, General
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Long Island
Location: US-NY-Central Islip
Zip Code: 11722
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Provides professional administrative support to the assigned leader (s) within departments.
- General Duties:
- o Creates, edits and proofreads communications, documents, spreadsheets, and presentation slides from rough drafts, notes, or a variety of letters, memos, documents, reports, or technical forms (includes handling of confidential information).
- o Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with contacts both within SBS and Coporate, and at Sysco operating companies, suppliers, and customers.
- o Assists supported leader in staff capacity by coordinating office services such as personnel, budget preparation and control, housekeeping, records control, and special management studies
- o Schedules conferences, appointments, meetings and travel arrangements for
- senior staff
- o Records minutes of meetings or other sessions and composes summaries to ensure that proper and accurate records of discussions and information are available.
- o Reads and screens correspondence, on a daily basis; identifies critical issues within identified parameters and prioritizes correspondence.
- o Uses MS Outlook to create and maintain calendars, schedule and organize activities such as meetings and department activities.
- o Uses MS Visio to create and maintain org charts, process flows, etc.
- o Assists team with copying, filing, communications, internet research requests, etc.
- o Processes invoices and expense reports for payment.
- o Creates and maintains tracking and/or filing systems as required ensuring information is always organized, up-to-date and available when requested.
- o Anticipates needs and completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other support duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent with some related specialized coursework.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School or Equivalent
- At least 4 yrs of professional administrative support experience in a professional office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of associates and external parties including customers and vendors.
- Strong detail and quality orientation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong planning & organizing skills, impeccable follow-up and exceptional attention to detail
- Must have ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet day to day needs
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of effective English usage, including subject/verb agreement, tenses, and basic grammar
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with regard to confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Strong organization, analytical and follow up skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite\ software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; proficient in use of tables, formatting, formulas, clipart/ graphics, presentations, macros, database development, project tracking, etc. Excellent word-processing skills (50 - 60 wpm) and business writing ability; accurate and precise proof reading skills Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time