Quality Assurance Associate
Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Quality Assurance Associate
Responsible for the Quality Control program in a high volume specialty produce Distribution Company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of all produce items in the warehouse
- Ability to properly stack pallets, preventing damage to product
- Minimum 1 year produce handling experience
- Ensure each product location is inspected daily, and proper action is taken based on product condition.
- Ensure customer specific expectations are understood, specification books created/maintained, and associates have proper working knowledge of said expectations.
- Identify product specification issues related to country of origin, pack size, decay, scarring and other USDA/FDA guidelines.
- Communicate with multiple departments and team members as to any potential quality issues or concerns.
- Compile and manage best use by and expiration dates to ensure that product approaching expiration is properly handled.
- Identify and alert team members if particular items were scheduled to ship and did not.
- Ensure all food safety regulations are met and exceeded.
- Work with operations to ensure FIFO is maintained at all times and that all packages are properly labeled.
- Assist in the investigative process for potential rejected loads and/or refused product (by receiving associates).
- Ensure that product requiring quarantine is segregated properly.
- Ensure that all associates work in a safe manner, complying with all facets of FreshPoint Safe.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Must have strong speaking, reading, writing, and typing skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Preferred background in computer software including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 115 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time