Administrative Assistant Sales
Company: North Star Seafood--Pompano
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Brief role description
The sales admin provides direct clerical support to the Director or Vice President of Sales for the sales function within the company.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports and documents using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Create sales and expense reports, electronic databases and sales proposals for prospective customers.
- Responsible for Vice President of Sales e-mail
- Make travel arrangements as required for all sales personnel, through appropriate travel agency and book hotel rooms as required. Authorize payroll deductions for hotel rooms per the policy
- Assist in preparation of food shows, customer visits and sales meetings
- Respond to solicitations for company donations
- Screen phone calls for the Director/Vice President of Sales and take messages
- Sales involves a large amount of information that needs to be maintained and organized. Compile and update physical or digital files on clients, leads, expenses, and sales.
- Generate copy and distribute promotional reports
- Order supplies for the Sales Department
- Schedule room arrangements, set-up and/or attend One Sysco meetings, sales meetings, food shows, etc. as required
- Collect, prepare and distribute POS material and flyers
- Calculate, track and provide needed reports and payroll files for commissioned employees
- Create and maintain promotional tracking spreadsheets
- Maintain local information within CRM (Sysco 360) if applicable
- Research information on the PC as required
- Support other areas of the company as business needs dictate, i.e. reception desk, supply orders, administrative functions, etc.
High School education required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years’ related administrative experience providing support to an executive level supervisor.
- 2 years’ related administrative experience providing support to an executive level supervisor
- Working knowledge of a Sysco Sales processes, organization and product categories
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Able to type a minimum of 50-wpm accurately.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management; remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure.
- Must have the ability to be detail-oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities; analyze and disseminate forms; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to proofread and make appropriate spelling and grammar corrections to documents written in English.
- Must provide enthusiasm and creativity in problem solving, along with flexibility and a desire to learn.
- Must be able to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time