Driver Check -in Coordinator
Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Driver Check –in Coordinator
Responsible for checking, inspecting and approving any returned product brought to the facility by our drivers. Inspect and sign off paperwork referencing the returned product.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Driver Check-In Functions to include issuing of Credits
- Ensures accuracy of manifests, invoices and all other paperwork
- Ensures Delivery associates quickly remove any pick-ups/back hauls from truck to expedite process and also ensures all documentation is accurate to track back hauls and delay time at shift end.
- Visually Inspect Trucks and Equipment for Damage and Sanitation
- Dispositions product accurately
- Responsible for banding and recouping of resalable product
- Responsible for ensuring all returned product is re-slotted timely
- Document the return of Pallets
- Document the codes on contracted items which will not be re-stocked.
- Review with drivers changes to invoices and ensure proper reason for product return.
- Document the number of cases over on truck
- Issues Credits based on known Overages, Shorts and Damages
- Keep the area clean and neat at all times.
- Coordinates product dumping with approval of department supervisor on duty.
- Maintain food safety practices and follow all GMPs.
- Ensure that all products are returned to the coolers in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the use of dock space to minimize driver wait time.
- Document raw meat returns and coordinate the return to inventory process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work required.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies and Safety procedures.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years clerical experience
- 1 year warehouse experience required
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Pallet jack (rider) experience required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Alignment
- Earning Trust through Results
- Living the Culture
- Developing Talent
- Initiating / Facilitating / Sustaining Change
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time