Parts & Supplies Coordinator
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
As the export specialty division of Sysco; IFG delivers expertise in product selection, services and value chain capabilities to customers in over 80 countries across the globe. Every day, US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service rely on Sysco IFG to help deliver their brand and unique customer experience across the globe. With over 700 customers, we also export Sysco’s brands of products to numerous distributors in many of the countries in which we do business.
We make this all possible from our two dedicated export facilities - our 125,000 square foot facility in Plant City, Florida and our 200,000 sq. ft. facility in Jacksonville Florida. Our dedicated and diverse staff of over 250 associates coordinates daily to deliver on our promise of providing our customers with the best products, services and support in the industry. It is our commitment to this promise, as well as our knowledge of the global marketplace and our customers’ needs that has been the cornerstone of our success.
Today, International Food Group provides a complete end to end solution to your global supply chain needs.
We currently have openings for a Parts & Supplies Coordinator.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The primary purpose of the Parts & Supplies Coordinator is the procurement of all Maintenance, Repair and Operations goods and services for BFS. Responsible for PO corrections, invoice resolution, order confirmations and on-time deliveries.
All of this is done with compliance of Sysco’s Preferred Work Methods.
- Procurement of Maintenance Parts, Repair Parts, Truck Parts, Office Supplies, Beverage Equip. and Operation goods & services. Researching desired items as far as cost and freight. Coordination with BFS for approval.
- Create PO’s, changes, confirmations and invoice resolutions. Initiate and Execute Continuous Improvement and Cost Savings Projects. Communicate with BFS any changes or updates to the above duties.
- Complete local pick-ups and deliveries of parts, supplies, products for BFS. Complete IFG pick-ups of DRY outside storage. Complete IFG pick-ups of FROZEN outside storage. Complete IFG deliveries to DRY Outside Storage. Complete IFG deliveries to FROZEN Outside Storage Evaluate and put in place an efficient plan to complete the pick-ups and minimizing expenses.
- Maintain appropriate records in Purchasing System. Maintaining DOT records. Maintain CDL license. Coordination of returned containers with Logistics. Items returned from BFS – coordination of paperwork, supplier pick-ups, drop-off of returned items. Following up on credits that are applied to correct department.
- Prepaid items communication. Coordination of BFS prepaid items to be shipped to BFS. Coordinating communication to the Market Manager on IFG Prepaid cases. Taking pictures of the cases / pallets. Coordination of the removal or dumping of cases if instructed to do so by the Market Manager
- Coordinate incoming samples for events, meetings and shows. Labeling and Palletizing of products. Provide a loading and shipping schedule. Maintain inventory sheet of products being shipped. Coordinate with BFS arrival and reconciliation of shipments.
- 3 years’ experience with equipment, parts, materials and services.
- Must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Must have very strong attention to detail.
- Must be Self-Motivated and hard work driven.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
The Parts & Supplies Coordinator must have the following skills:
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- AS400 preferred.
- Must meet Sysco non-DOT Minimum Driver Qualifications and be able to pass DOT physical.
- Safely lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 100 lbs. occasionally,
- Read at a distance close to eyes and at arm’s length, with or without correction.
The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time