Indirect Tax Analyst I
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Performs basic processes related to indirect tax
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the tax compliance function by timely filing returns and reports
- Review customer exemption certificate for completeness and validity
- Maintain tracking sheets and tax calendars
- Prepare and analyze complex tax data sets for compliance functions
- Maintains and updates tax rules within transaction tax calculation systems
- Communicates with internal and external customers and government authorities and responds to tax inquiries
- Assists with in-depth tax research using sources such as state and local tax Statutes, Regulations, Code/Administrative Authority and reputable tax research organizations or external counsel
- Prepares detailed written memoranda as necessary to identify, analyze, resolve, and document tax issues associated with proposed transactions, tax planning strategies and refund claims
- Assists in the development of systemic improvements to the Company's tax compliance and exam processes
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of the Company and its industry to identify issues and value-add service opportunities
- Participates in the training of Company finance, operations and other personnel on indirect tax matters
- Supports exams’ personnel in audit issue resolution and data gathering and development
- Assists Corporate Tax Managers in the facilitation and implementation of indirect tax planning opportunities
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and sales tax experience.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
0-3 years or an equivalent combination of education and sales tax experience.
Related sales and use tax experience with knowledge of departmental function, terminology and interrelationships.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in personal computer database and spreadsheet applications
- Experience or proficiency with Vertex, Sabrix or other transaction tax calculation systems preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Effective communication, analytical, research and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and act independently
- Ability to perform basic analysis and interpret and evaluate various precedents and data
- Ability to successfully resolve issues with minimal assistance
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Tax Seniors and Managers
- Finance and BT
- Operating company personnel
- Government tax authorities
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time