Mgr, Mrkt Logistics Mgmnt
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Primary function of the MLM is to function between Sysco Corp and with OpCo Merchandising and Operations personnel to orchestrate optimization efforts around inbound transportation, to maximize efficiency and freight margin. A Market Logistics Manager has significant influence and accountability over a market’s freight revenue and margin. On average this is $80MM Revenue and $30MM LEI per market. Their decisions have direct impact on OpCo LEI performance. Additionally an MLM has responsibility to implement in their market strategic initiatives around business process improvement that directly impact cost per case, load fill and supply chain performance. Finally, the MLM trains OpCo personnel in inbound logistics processes.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Assist in development of appropriate policies and programs, perform high level opportunity assessment, lead implementation and maintain reporting and accountabilities.
- Coordinate and collaboration with Corporate, Market and OpCo management to implement projects and policies to support achievement of objectives and increase OpCo performance.
- Participate in the development and lead the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives supporting cost and service goals.
- Direct supervision over day to day activities of 6-8 direct reports; providing guidance, accountability, training and support to Logistics Coordinators.
- This role deals with an extremely high level of ambiguity and is charged with accomplishing complex goals across organizations with which he / she has little control with the exception of managing a series of remote employees of varying skill levels.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in an analytical field.
- 5+ years in a cross functional supply chain / project management role.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with senior business leaders.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Uses appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to help work cross functionally and develop buy in through influence facilitating the completion of goals.
- Understand complicated, detailed information and demonstrate ability to convey this to team members in a concise manner.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition, i.e. conflicts/ambiguity.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time