Labeling Quality Assurance
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Location: US-FL-Plant City
Zip Code: 33566
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently looking at qualified candidates for an opportunity in the position of Labeling Quality Assurance. This position is responsible for verifying that label information matches case information and recording production & expiration dates of food product.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Plant City, FL.
Labeling Quality Assurance is primarily responsible for:
- Comparing information on manufacturer’s case with label information & correcting if necessary.
- Providing Senior Labelers with correct labels per country and/or customer requirements and inspecting random cases for correct application, information, and overall general quality.
- Recording production and expiration dates and corresponding quantities for all labeled cases.
- Releasing product from hold in the warehouse management system (SWMS).
- Recording pallet information and applying placards to pallet.
- Inspecting at least 2 cases per pallet for correct label(s), application location, packaging integrity, and other quality issues.
- Constantly watching work areas for correct labeling.
Labeling Quality Assurance must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent. 6 months of general warehousing experience preferred. 1 - 3 years of Quality Assurance in a food distribution environment preferred.
Labeling Quality Assurance must be:
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to work in both ambient and freezer temperatures.
- Effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
- Spanish and Arabic literacy preferred.
Work load can vary significantly. Associates in this department must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time