AM Forklift Operator
Company: Buckhead Meat Charlotte
Zip Code: 38217
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Stocks received merchandise in the appropriate location; operates and maintains equipment associated with warehouse activity and performs other related duties as required.
This position requires working until all product is accurately put away. Overtime hours, and working weekends and holidays are required. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, and Freezer).
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through an engineered production standard. Requires working rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Slots received merchandise according to the slot location designated to ensure that product is easily located by night stockers and order selectors.
- Stocks all pick slots in assigned area to ensure that there are no empty pick slots at the end of the day, while monitoring all dated and perishable product.
- Rotates products daily during the receiving-stocking activities using the first-in-first-out (FIFO) method of dropping overstocks down to picking slots as vacancy allows to provide proper rotation and reduce product waste.
- Places product onto overstock slots if picking slots are filled; locates place for products when slots are filled to ensure product is removed from aisle and is off floor.
- Locates and delivers product to slots that are empty as requested by the selector in an effort to enhance the efficiency of the selection process.
- Checks all pick slots for any damaged or opened boxes, repairs minor rips in cases or bags. When unable to do minor repairs, writes up damaged product with quantity, slot number, item number, pack size and description.
- Monitors warehouse for signs of rodent infestation; notifies manager if signs are identified in an effort to reduce product loss.
- Cleans up all spillage, removes any product stored on the floor, sweeps the warehouse floor, pulls all shrink wrap tape or string from slots, and performs other activities assigned in an effort to reduce accidents and enhance sanitation.
- Stacks all empty pallets into proper location and separates broken and unusable pallets from usable pallets; cleans aisles of all debris in an effort to reduce accidents.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Must be able to life 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally and 100 pounds rarely
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 months warehouse experience
- 3 months experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift
- Previous experience at Sysco or in food-service industry
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify your supervisor and complete the Internal Job Posting form and return to the Human Resources Department.
Deadline for applying for this position is the close of business, June 28, 2016
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time