Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
General Purpose of the Position:
Under the general supervision of the VP/Director of Sales and/or Merchandising, develops, and administers all activities related to the efficient, effective and profitable purchase of product for FreshPoint South Florida, including analyzing margin and maintaining bid guides. Supports OpCo to ensure financial optimization.
Key Relationships: Leadership Team, OpCo Management, Sales Team, Merchandisers
- Develop overall pricing strategy at the item level and review the accuracy on-going.
- Analyze use of earned income, if necessary, to establish proper pricing structure.
- Lead person for approval DSM tool and all lock sell agreements.
- Meet with RSM’s, DSM’s and Profit Management to review price rules.
- Use expertise in the area of specialty food and imports to promote expansion of these product lines.
- Help manage opportunities within our wholesale and re-distribution customer base (both existing and new).
- Lead OpCo analytics to ensure gross margin optimization.
- Run financial impact analyses to understand current core assortment mix.
- Monitor specific item market costs.
- Lead price management processes (i.e., scripting market costs etc.
- Manage OpCo financial reporting to include BI reporting of Realized Equity, Market Variation Report, Underfunded Summary, and Price Management. Incorporate gross margin optimization, equity setting, deal guidance and market cost utilization.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to improve equity, EI and GP$.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as but no limited to Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to furnish information to those requesting status of change.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must have experience with produce.
- Must be current with merchandise and market pricing.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent /Prefer Associate degree
- Three years of experience in similar or related position
- SAP and AS/400 experience preferred
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Work is typically performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment at a desk or table requiring sitting, standing and stooping; and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and FreshPoint South Florida. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities required due to the operating needs of the business.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time