Business Development Director
Company: Buckhead Meat of Florida
Zip Code: 33823
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Responsible for driving profitable specialty sales through relationship with up to 5 assigned USBL OpCos
Sets One Sysco strategy regarding sales approach
Establishes strategy for driving profitable specialty sales through relationship with up to 5 assigned USBL OpCos
- Works closely with OpCo Merchandisers, Sales Management, and SSMG leadership to set One Sysco strategy that leverages either the SSMG company or OpCo to deliver product.
- Maintains agnostic approach to growing sales through either Specialty or USBL entity
- Leads quarterly “One Sysco” meetings, and ensures action items are assigned are carried out
- Design and implement formal training programs for CoP’s and MA’s in assigned OpCo’s in Specialty Meat and Seafood category with major focus on Portion Control Steaks and Chops
- Establish ongoing training and development of CoP’s and MA’s through participation in General Sales Meetings, promotions, and Food Shows / customer events
Dotted line responsibility over CoP’s who work and support the OPCO
- Provide support as needed
- Evaluate and coach CoP’s in conjunction with OpCo Director of Business Resources / Sales leadership
- Analyze data using systems and tools (eg, Tableau) that show category and item penetration by customer, by CoP / MA
- Monitor and cascade progress towards goals
- Develop strategy to close gaps
Coordinate/Execute Customer visits and tours to the SSMG.
Coordination of promotions between SSMG and OpCo to effectively balance inventory and push lbs.
Preferred: BS or BA Degree in Business, Marketing, Agriculture/Animal Science or related studies
Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
Deep expertise of Meat & Seafood category
Exceptional collaboration skills
Excellent verbal skills, ability to speak effectively in front of large groups.
Problem resolution expertise
Ability to adapt to different OpCo markets and philosophies.
Strong attention to detail and follow up
Proven track record of growing sales directly or through others.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time