CDL A Delivery Truck Driver Trainee
Company: Sysco Pittsburgh
Zip Code: 16037
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at One Whitney Drive, Harmony, PA 16037
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco Pittsburgh is having a job fair!
When: October 6, 2018 8 AM - 12 PM EST
Where: 1 Whitney Dr. Harmony, PA 16037
Hiring : CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - $2,500 Sign on Bonus, CDL B Delivery Truck Drivers , Driver Trainees, Warehouse Selector
Questions: Call - Gabrielle Castro - Talent Adviser (312) 216- 2018
First things first. Let us introduce ourselves. Sysco is the #1 foodservice supplier in North America. But we are much more than food. We’re about everything that surrounds it. And with a workforce of over 50,000 associates in more than 180 locations, Sysco has the talent and reach to go beyond our customers’ expectations.
On your mark:
It takes a special kind of driver to work for Sysco. Do you have what it takes?
- Yes, age is just a number but drivers must be 21+ years of age.
- License to drive - requires a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with a "clean" driving record (no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years).
- We are a drug-free workplace - must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Let’s talk - requires ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Do the math - basic math skills are important.
- Give your career a lift - our drivers frequently lift, push, or move product weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Winning attitude and approachable personality is a necessity.
- Flexibility is key - overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and the ability to start at a variety of times all are required in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
- Sysco is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain at the top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder, and never give up. Are you ready to join us?
Sysco also leads when it comes to pay and benefits for drivers:
- Competitive wages plus productivity incentives
- Paid Vacation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits package, with many coverage options
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Uniforms, and
- Discounts on company stock for associates interested in also being a shareholder
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time