Mgr, Regulatory Compliance
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Manager of Regulatory Compliance will be responsible for ensuring the highest possible performance level of regulatory compliance across Sysco Operating companies and subsidiaries. Additionally, the Manager of Regulatory Compliance will be responsible for assisting with the development of compliance procedures, implementing programs and system controls, as well as, assisting with regulatory agency reporting and responding to Notice of Violations from Regulatory Agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical, customer relations and personnel assistance on
Compliance programs and projects.
- Provide support on compliance strategy
- Work with Operating Companies to resolve Compliance deficiencies
- Monitor and report on Compliance monitoring systems
- Advise management of Compliance issues and concerns
- Assist with the development and presentations of corporate and site-specific training programs as needed.
- Analyze compliance trends that increase risk to the organization
- Assist with third party auditors in ensuring audits are scheduled appropriately
- Ensure audit findings are remediated appropriately and timely
- Conduct site facility evaluations and assist with improvements for Operating Companies recognized as high risk due to compliance concerns
- Assist Compliance directors with Federal and State agencies to resolve any compliance or practice violations.
- Provide assistance with acquisitions for implementation of Compliance programs.
- Support corporate Enterprise Risk Management programs
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree with major course work in Compliance (ie Environmental), Risk Management, or a closely related field or equivalent work experience with certifications in compliance.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of transportation and/or environmental regulations, including business management practices, personnel practices, administrative practices, preventative practices, and related legal responsibilities; principles and practices of supervision, including assigning, evaluating and modifying work; functions and processes of carrying out programs; and content and formatting of reports.
- Working knowledge of applicable operational regulatory requirements
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years in a Regulatory Compliance function
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Compliance certifications in an Environmental or DOT compliance area desired but not required
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong background in compliance with a proven record of results, having at least 5 years of program management experience.
- Strategic thinking and approach to problem solving
- The ability to drive a strong compliance philosophy and implement constructive behavior changes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of senior management, supervision and employees
- Excellent leadership and team building skills, able to influence decision makers
- Skilled in the use of a variety of PC software, including all Microsoft products, Telogis, Tableau and EHS software.
- A high level of effective inter-personal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals.
- The ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Interpersonal Contacts: This position will have a wide range of contact with all levels of employees, from hourly staff to the Corporate Director levels. Will be a point of contact for operating company management, customers, law enforcement, state and federal regulatory agencies and legal entities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to travel up to 40% to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time