Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Preference will be given to Houston based associates.
The objective of this job is to provide support of Operating Company inventory management needs which can include development and execution of forecasting / demand planning in a manner that will enable Sysco Operating Companies to meet service level and inventory level goals. This role utilizes an enterprise-wide inventory planning system for generating a statistical forecast combined with local market intelligence resulting in a forecast that drives purchasing requirements for use in goods procurement, sales and operations planning, supplier and customer planning. This individual conducts current and future forecasting analysis while insuring forecast processes and methods are followed for assigned OpCos. Scope may be all stocked items at the operating company or only redistributed items. This individual will be the focal point for managing and executing Central Supply Chain objectives using demand planning, forecasting, system expertise, and cross team collaboration. The Central Supply Chain environment is very fast paced and it is critical that all duties are performed in the required time frames to ensure performance metrics are met.
There are three dimensions to this individual’s work: business process management, problem solving, and systems knowledge:
- Business Process Management - Responsible for creating, modifying, and implementing Standard Operating Procedures and business processes related to enterprise wide inventory management.
- Problem Solving - Responsible for driving issue resolution for assigned OpCos such as (but not limited to) RDC fulfillment, supplier fulfillment, seasonal planning, excess inventory management, etc.
- Systems Knowledge – Responsible for learning and achieving mastery of deployed functionality used by the OpCos they manage. For demand planning and replenishment this may include Manhattan’s Demand Planning and Replenishment (DPR) and SAP-APO. Yantra for re-distributed order management and RDC SUS and/or SAP ECC for purchasing master data management.
The primary measure of this individual’s performance will be maintenance of a 99.5% (SUS) or 99.3% (SAP) or greater end-customer service level. This metric applies to re-distributed products at RDC operating companies and all products for non-RDC companies. Inventory value goals are set on an annual basis but typically total inventory value is expected to be decreased YOY while maintaining a high customer service level. Other measures include forecast accuracy, aged inventory, spoilage, inbound truck fill, and operational efficiencies such as pieces per pallet.
This individual will have some travel assignments which are expected to be less than 5% annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Position scope includes, but is not limited to:
- OpCo problem solving / issue resolution / escalation for example issues with service, inventory, shipping, operations, etc.
- Provide guidance/reviews/training for the OpCo to optimize planning system to improve forecasts, ordering efficiencies, service level and inventory positions.
- Monitor forecast accuracy and deploy mathematic or process changes for improvement
- Provide support on forecast alerts and concerns in a timely manner
- Providing management guidance on OpCo concerns and issues
- Emergency inventory planning
- Performing analyses and driving resolution of daily, time-sensitive processes
- Directing and managing the execution of projects and initiatives.
- Holiday, event, new business, lost business planning
- Ramp-up plan into central replenishment (RDC and non-RDC)
- Corporate wide initiatives – Category Management, Sourcing, etc.
- Coordination of steady state changes - system and process
- Supply Chain Logistics analysis/action requests
- Create, change, and drive Central Inventory Management’s Standard Operating Procedures for continuous overall optimization of forecasting through development of process improvements and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Internal/External Contacts:
Their primary interactions are with Operating Company merchandising department, Sysco Corporate Merchandising and other organizations within Sysco Corp and SBS as needed.
Responsible for supervision of Demand Planning Specialists. Supervision would include conducting interviews, performance reviews, and vacation / sick / time sheet approvals. Hire / fire decisions ultimately will be handled by the Sr. Manager / Manager within the Central Supply Chain Team.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Three years specific experience in optimizing forecasting systems used for finished goods inventory management
- Five years of Sysco or other wholesale grocery, retail, or foodservice inventory management, purchasing, or optimizing forecast systems or a combination of education and related experience
- Work experience in analyzing significant amounts of data and turning it into actionable information that business needs.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with internal and external contacts
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various functions and levels within the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to perform deep data analysis utilizing MS Access, MS Excel, AS400 Query, or Business Objects
- Strong mathematical skills are required
- Proficient in MS Word
- Ability to gather data, use statistics for analysis, and report findings accurately and with credibility to upper management
- Experience with forecasting, inventory management or order processing systems in businesses with high volumes of customer and products. For example experience with systems such as E3 SLIM / TRIM, i2 Replenishment, Manugistics (forecasting and / or inventory management modules), or Manhattan Demand Planning and Replenishment (DPR). SAP APO Demand Planning, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft or Oracle ERP forecasting capabilities considered a plus
- Ability to complete assignments independently, on time and with high quality
- Experience conducting effective meetings and workshops consisting of associated preparation and documentation of results
Preferred Certifications and/or Technical Requirements
- APICS CIRM or CPIM certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and or move items in the 10-20 lb range.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time