Senior Manager, Supply Chain Design
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for managing the development of integrated inbound and outbound supply chain optimization models to enable Sysco to minimize operating costs, make capital decisions and maximize profitability. Responsible for the technical development of costing models for inbound, warehouse and delivery operating expenses that include freight, product cost, labor, variable and fixed costs. Responsible for cross functional engarement for model development and validation as well as stakeholder engagement for decision making.
- Lead architect of supply chain network models and underlying data infrastructure.
- Primary contact with stakeholder community for supply chain design analytics.
- Provides project leadership to cross-functional teams in developing strategic network solutions.
- Lead team to develop, manage and deploy supply chain models for territory realignment, customer assignment and capital/capacity investment decisions
- Manage project structure, key stakeholders, process and methodology for Supply Chain Design Projects.
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with Supply Chain Finance, Real Estate, Construction, Delivery, Engineering and Field Organization.
- Responsible for the articulating results of supply chain design scenarios including operational and P&L implications.
- Responsible for developing presentations, data visualizations and presenting recommendations to executive level audience.
- Ability to lead team through challenges with incomplete data.
- Ability to measure impact to headcount, labor requirements, equipment requirements and miles when modeling various supply chain scenarios.
- Ability to incorporate impact of Automation at facilities and recommend future automation strategies.
- Development of tools & analyses to support the design and modeling of existing and future facilities.
- Lead the development of Sysco Supply Chain Design best practices and field capability
- Provide technical oversight on modeling and strategy development approach
- Directly support projects to develop strategic supply chain models using Supply Chain Strategy tools and other advanced Industrial Engineering and Operations Research techniques.
- Evaluate tools, analyses and recommending alternatives.
Education and / or Experience:
- BS in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Logistics degree desirable. Masters preferred but not required.
- 5 years experience in operations planning, supply chain optimization, network optimization or a combination of the above.
- 4 years technical experience required in supply chain.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Supply Chain Optimization Tool (i.e. JDA/i2, Llamasoft)
- Advanced skills at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access.
- Advanced SQL/VBA skills required.
- Advanced mathematical and data analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server/Database Management & Design.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change.
- Professional development-oriented attitude
- Passionate about supply chain design and modeling
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Thought leader
- Intrinsically strong and structured approach to problem solving
- Strong execution orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- Technical: Analytics and cost engineering. Advanced capability to model the variablilty of costs in warehouse delivery, real estate, and fixed.
- Communication: Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills. Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps audiences understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of action; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to travel 30-40% of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time