Night Outbound Loader
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Under general supervision, load selected and staged product into single or multi-compartment trucks in proper sequence to ensure drivers can deliver and unload product in a safe and efficient manner.
Hours for this position will be Monday-Friday 7:00 PM - 3:30 AM
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect trucks for cleanliness and ensure that trucks are pre-cooled.
- Read computer generated worksheet that describes details about the load that is being worked. (i.e. number of cases, space requirements, special instructions, etc.)
- Load pallets of product in the proper sequence, stack off and/or reconfigure cases on pallets to fit into truck to maximize driver efficiency.
- Communicate equipment, facility, sanitation or load issues to supervisor.
- Track number of pallets loaded onto trucks.
- Follow load map to load truck ensuring the weight of the product is distributed properly.
- Ensure that runners or out of stocks are added to the appropriate pallets prior to loading onto the outbound truck.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from Day or Night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 1 – 2 years general warehouse or production experience is required.
- Ability to handle up to 100 lbs.; 50 lbs. regularly is required.
- Must be trained and certified to operate a single pallet jack, double pallet jack and sit down fork lift.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time