Company: Buckhead Meat Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
M-F Schedule! Food Service Workers encouraged to apply!
We have a great benefit plan to include medical and dental insurance, paid vacations, matching funds to 401k plan, stock purchase program, employee discounts and more!
Steak and seafood cutting distribution facility in Northwood, OH is seeking full-time general laborers to join the team. We are looking for candidates with a stable work history. Prior experience in meat processing, fish cutting or portion cutting is a definite PLUS!
- Clean, trim, slice, section and weigh raw materials.
- Cut and trim meat or pack and load meat.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming. Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specification as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Pull raw materials and pre-cut inventory according to code dates and report any short shelf-life items to the supervisor.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data to produce assigned cutting yield tests.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with USDA guidelines.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in your work area at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
- Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Pat Burrington at 419-490-2072
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time