Dir, Ethnic Sales Development (Asian Segment)
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The primary purpose of the Director Asian Sales Development is to identify and implement plans to address segment growth opportunities and to assist Asian Segment Managers in the identification of local business opportunities to increase Market Share for the Asian Segment with annual revenues and profits in excess of $450 million. Director Asian Sales Development must have a strong knowledge of the Asian Cultures, category usage and Food Service environment, and stay abreast of trends impacting the targeted ethnic business, monitor competitive activities, and d) understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the Asian segment.
- Develops, implements and tracks growth opportunities to deliver against agreed upon goals for brand placement, market expansion, unit penetration, share of wallet, and awareness.
- Leads the field deployment of all sales tools, targeted communication materials and promotional events
- Provides strategic direction to Asian Segment Managers and coaching and support for underperforming OPCO’s
- Maintains constant and concise communication with field sales, Marketing and key /merchandizing personnel in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of all sales related programs at the field level.
- Stay abreast of trends impacting the Asian business, monitor competitive activities and understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the Asian marketplace.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years Marketing experience with demonstrable growth, and leadership attributes in a professional environment
- 5+ years related Food & Beverage, Food Services or Consumer Goods industry experience required
- Knowledge of Asian languages is preferred - Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese.
- Director Asian Sales Development requires strong analytical skills and an ability to translate analyses into recommended action plans for Asian programs. Program elements include promotion, products, pricing and other key drivers of short and long term profitability and market share for Sysco's Asian business.
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong communicator with solid presentation skills and excellent relationship-building capabilities (customers/internal stakeholders)
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and needs related to Asian customers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time