Company: European Imports, a Sysco Company
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, purchase and manage European Import product categories in relation to inventory management, quality management, PO placement based on forecast and product necessity and provide local market intelligence to organization.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the procurement process and load balancing across one or more warehouses including: reviewing stock levels, issuing purchase orders, coordinating and confirming freight and ETA, issuing debit and credit memos for damage/shortages.
- Purchase product lines to increase sales, maximize company profitability and maintain an acceptable level of customer service level.
- Create shipments – attach product/freight/duty PO’s to the shipment.
- Confirm proper documents are submitted per import regulations.
- Monitor stock levels, handle product dating concerns, scrap, and obsolete stock while managing item status.
- Maintain vendor cost and shipping tables.
- Work with operations to minimize cost impacts, product flow and maximize volume optimization.
- Work with logistics and transportation to ensure appropriate and affordable freight lanes.
- Review margins, pricing and daily pricing variance reports.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers, Product Specialists, Sales staff, Finance, Transportation and Operations.
- Gather information in regards to supplier/product compliance.
- Review suppliers/category specific reporting.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Assist as needed in product recall incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Procurement Manager.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 3 – 5 years of previous experience in a purchasing/product management environment is required.
- Prior Food Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred) and intermediate spreadsheet application skills (Microsoft Excel preferred) are desired.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time