Senior Director, Executive Communications
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corp Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The position will lead the development and execution of the global communications strategy (internal and external) for Sysco’s executive leadership team, including the office of the CEO. He/she is a key member of Sysco’s global communications team and has the opportunity to play an important role in the company’s strategic messaging. This role reports to the Vice President of Investor Relations, Communications and Treasurer. Reporting to this role are four Communications team members: SBS Communications, U.S. Foodservice/Transformation Office Communications, Americas/Supply Chain Communications, and European Communications.
A core competency for this role is deep understanding and experience in the strategic management of sensitive, high-stakes, reputation management-related communication. The role requires the ability to work under pressure; produce and direct the production of a wide variety of world class work product; exhibit sound judgment and sensitivity to organizational dynamics; provide confident, proactive counsel to senior leaders; and to be available as needs arise. In addition, the individual will be adept at multitasking and have unquestionable integrity with an uncompromising commitment to quality and superb written and editorial skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of Sysco’s C-level strategic communications plans and manage the tactical delivery of high-profile corporate communications, including internal and external communications and public/media relations, to support the company's enterprise wide strategy. This individual will have specific accountability for: press releases, presentation materials, Board of Director meeting communications, video production, speech writing, talking points, briefings and additional materials as needed.
- Provide strategic counsel to a wide variety of business stakeholders on aligning individual communications and PR plans to the broader, program-level strategy.
- Work in close collaboration to build relationships with a broad range of internal partners, including Human Resources, Investor Relations, CSR, Legal, Business Technology, Operations, Supply Chain and the Executive Leadership.
- Develop a proactive, thoughtful approach to media and public relations, consistent with positioning Sysco as the global foodservice leader and aligned with company culture and values.
- Assist with quarterly Town Hall preparation and execution, including the development of all executive materials, e.g., presentations, scripts
- Develop quarterly earnings content for CEO, e.g., financial performance letter, script and production of video
- Collaborate with cross functional integration SWAT team to develop communications materials for acquisitions (e.g., associate note, leader talking points, MA talking points, media statement, supplier letter, customer letter, etc.)
- Develop Board of Director communications, as necessary
- Leverage industry news and trends as content for compelling messages.
- Participate in developing high quality content, using a demonstrated, expert understanding of Sysco’s strategic objectives, businesses, products, market challenge and other relevant issues.
- Develop and maintain a repository of executive materials, core presentations, profiles/biographies, and best practices for leverage across the leadership team and communications community.
- Serve as trusted communications advisor to the CEO and other company executives. Lead outreach and perception-management for our executive offices, overseeing communications plans, messaging, thought leadership and narrative support.
- Support crisis response communication, if/as needed, from messaging through communication response and media coverage/management.
- Work collaboratively with social media manager to create social media activities when appropriate to build an engaged community of followers across the company.
- Serve as point of contact for communications requests and counsels on the right outcome for the business vs. facilitation of request.
- Determine when language translation of materials is appropriate and coordinate with translation agency.
- Build processes and communication formats suitable to grow share of voice and proactively initiated media coverage on business and corporate topics – using all available channels.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism
- Communications professional with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- Proven success in developing and executing communications strategies, PR strategies, and communications and PR plans for a large business
- Broad thinking capable of making connections across the business and taking decisive action
- Minimum 3 years direct experience supporting C-level communications materials
- Experience in interacting with stakeholders of all levels, developing and maintaining strong relationships
- A strategic and analytical thinker, excellent business acumen and understanding of Sysco’s global market position
- Strong understanding of marketing and communications KPIs, measurement and reporting focused on business results
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism
- Confidence with setting up and supporting internal events (town halls, national associate meetings)
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Advanced computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to craft strategic communications plans, which includes: conducting basic needs assessments, identifying and analyzing stakeholders and audiences, drafting strategies, action plans, tactics and messages, overseeing resources, managing implementation, and measuring/analyzing results. He/she must be able to effectively demonstrate the One Sysco mindset and approach and effectively convey it, along with our Five Point Strategic Themes, when developing strategic communications and messaging. He/she must have a proven ability to transform complex concepts into simple communications that can be easily grasped by a diverse audience. He/she must have the ability to appropriately influence, when and where needed, especially when providing insight and counsel to the range of stakeholders (leaders, project teams, colleagues, third-party vendors) encountered in this role.
The candidate must be proactive and results-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments from conception to completion on deadline with minimal supervision. Superior interpersonal and listening skills, with creativity and flexibility in approach to solutions, along with excellent client management skills are also critical. Strong attention to detail is a must. Finally this candidate must contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are highly motivated to improve their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results. A positive outlook and sense of humor are a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
The signature below indicates that the employee has received a copy of this job description. This does not create a contract or change the “at will” status of the employee.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time