Import & Specialty Gourmet Food Curator
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, provide category management and sales force training and support in product knowledge to enable them to grow sales and market to their customers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate inventory to meet customer demand (Service Level) while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink. Manage buyers(s) to effectively execute.
- Support Category Management by providing product assortment and SKU rationalization recommendation that are aligned with customer demand.
- Ensure OPCO participation and comprehension of sourcing programs.
- Partner with Sales Director and sourcing team to enhance programs and assuring local market relevance.
- Coordinate audit process for converting EI labels to Sysco brands.
- Manage category item information on EI website.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Sales force including, but not limited to, market conditions, product quality and availability, new items and applications.
- Drive product sales opportunities by collaborating with Business Development. Partner with Sales and Marketing management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales.
- Look for opportunities and source products that can be added and would enhance the European Imports product line.
- Develop and implement innovative, impactful marketing/promotional agendas.
- Facilitate growth by driving Sales support through business reviews, customer insight encounters with targeting training and education.
- Schedule and manage category sales training of Sales associates.
- Develop sales strategies utilizing available programs and resources.
- Manage and direct effective control of product shrink with Buyers.
- Negotiate with suppliers on earned income and marketing opportunities.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Assist as needed in product recall incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
General supervision is received from the Marketing and Merchandising Director.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 5 - 7 years of previous industry experience in a product management environment is required.
- Management and Food Service Industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred) and intermediate spreadsheet application skills (Microsoft Excel preferred) are desired.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time