Mgr, Supply Chain Design
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Primary purpose is to manage and develop a supply chain optimization model that enables Sysco to minimize warehouse, delivery, fixed, real estate and inventory holding costs. Conduct enterprise-wide analysis of warehouse/delivery/maintenance costs and OpCo specific strategy that results in increased profitability. Responsible for leading and development of a variable and fixed costing model for warehouse and delivery operating expenses per OpCo that includes routing and warehousing related efficiencies/ineficiencies. Responsible for developing the structure and phases of both short and long term supply chain strategies and initiatives for each OpCo and driving these strategies to deliver results.
- Completing enterprise-wide analysis over: items, capacity, customers, shuttle yards, inventory, delivery and fleet/MHE creating per OpCo to understand the costs. Responsible for creating OpCo specific strategies that result in increased profitability for each OpCo. This work includes: item analysis(how many the OpCo can carry), capacity analysis (how much warehouse can hold), customer analysis (locations of customers and demand on items in stock), shuttle yard analysis (location of shuttle yards, location agreements), inventory analysis (optimizing location of stock in the warehouse), delivery analysis (cases per truck and pieces per mile), Fleet/MHE constraints (pieces of equipment available).
- Manage the development of a model that outputs variable warehouse and delivery costs required for any Supply Chain Optimization software. This is done by creating the cost per case for both warehouse and delivery for every Facility/Customer Combination that would be required as an input to any Supply Chain Optimization software.
- Data sourcing, cleansing, analysis and database development.
- Developing methodology for planning, analyzing, and executing supply chain engineering projects.
- Developing presentations, data visualizations and calculating financial impact of various scenarios and presenting recommendations to executives.
- Developing a detailed OpCo specific project plan for cost savings based on enterprise analysis. Lead implementation of cost savings plan for each OpCo.
- Structuring the format, cost input/outputs of a supply chain optimization model that will be used by various analysts to assist in making supply chain recommendations and decisions. This will include network optimization model and customer assignment.
- Development of methodology for presentation and execution of Supply Chain Engineering Projects.
- Data sources for developing Cost Per Piece projections.
- Developing cost engineering methodology and process.
- - Assumptions used to calculate variable costs on both warehouse & delivery.
- 5-7 years experience in operations planning, supply chain optimization, network optimization or a combination of education.
- 4 years experience conducting research and analysis of end to end supply chain functions.
- Minimum 2 years experience with Supply Chain Optimization Tool (i.e. JDA/i2, Llamasoft)
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Logistics degree desirable. Masters preferred but not required.
- Advanced skills at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access.
- Advanced SQL/VBA skills required.
- Advanced mathematical and data analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS SQL Server/Database Management & Design.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating, and adapting to change.
- Professional development-oriented attitude
- Passionate about supply chain design and modeling
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Thought leader
- Intrinsically strong and structured approach to problem solving
- Strong execution orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time