Mgr, Business Travel
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is designed to develop and own the travel policy and to foster collaboration across several different functions to ensure travel compliance within the policy ($100M in annual spend), travel savings goals are achieved, and Sysco travelers have a reasonable travel experience. This is accomplished by creating and disseminating information amongst merchandising, accounting, auditing, travel vendors and Sysco’s executive team. Additional value is created by allowing this position to integrate both transient and group travel under its purview.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains Travel & Expense policy and procedures and implements changes as necessary
- Educates associates at all levels including key Executives on the proper use of the Concur Travel platform, T&E card, and Travel & Expense policy including any changes tin relevant travel processes and procedures
- Supports management’s reporting requirements for the Travel program on an ongoing basis including reports to identify trends and make recommendations and reporting and metrics to illustrate the value of the program
- Coordinates and liaises closely with key stakeholders as appropriate
- Maintains audit procedures to ensure compliance with policy requirements; e.g., tracking of policy violations, auditing monthly P-Card reconciliations, communicating audit issues and problems to management for resolution
- Collaboration with merchandising by providing data to better inform indirect spend group
- Provides on-going relationship management and negotiation with Sysco existing a prospective Travel vendors
- Collaboration with travel processing group at SBS to design and administer reporting to better inform executives of travel potential and tracking of savings goals
- Collaboration with the strategic meetings manager to integrate group meetings travel to better leverage negotiations with vendors and increase savings potential
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field
- 10 years progressive business experience with a preference for data analysis, auditing and vendor negotiations
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word software
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word efficiency is required
- Concur knowledge required
- Sabre and other reservation GDS systems knowledge is beneficial
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Executive presence and strong business acumen enabling effective communications and interactions with senior executives
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve most of the conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative.
- Ability to research information, and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions for recommending plans of action.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Opco/SBS/ Corp Finance
- Suppliers (JPM, Concur and Amex)
- Technical Support Staff
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time