Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for supporting the director level leadership team at European Imports taking primary direction from the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, edits and proofreads communications, documents, spreadsheets, and presentation slides from rough drafts, notes, or a variety of letters, memos, documents, reports, or technical forms (includes handling of confidential information).
- Uses MS Outlook to create and maintain calendars, schedule and organize activities such as meetings and department activities.
- Assists team with copying, filing, communications, internet research requests, etc.
- Creates and maintains tracking and/or filing systems as required ensuring information is always organized, up-to-date and available when requested.
- Anticipates needs and completes special projects as assigned.
- Consolidate various components of information into usable reports for each of the director level leaders.
- Build various presentations using PowerPoint and other presentation medias
- Performs other support duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of associates and external parties including customers and vendors.
- Strong detail and quality orientation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong planning & organizing skills, impeccable follow-up and exceptional attention to detail
- Must have ability to plan and prioritize workload to meet day to day needs
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of the rules of effective English usage, including subject/verb agreement, tenses, and basic grammar
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with regard to confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Strong organization, analytical and follow up skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite\ software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; proficient in use of tables, formatting, formulas, clipart/ graphics, presentations, macros, database development, project tracking, etc.
- Analytical thinker who can pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, adapt at shifting priorities, and very detail oriented
- Knowledge driven individual who can quickly build understanding from various individuals and data
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions (e.g. Operations, Finance, Merchandising, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time