Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75236
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
OVERVIEW:Responsible for performing financial analysis and preparing accounting/financial reports and statements. Performs other related duties as needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in general ledger close process and performs account analysis and reconciliations. Identifies discrepancies and works with Site Leader to resolve them.
- Gathers financial information from expense/income activity and ensures all relevant information is available for financial statement preparation.
- Performs financial assessment and analysis and provides information for management decisions; participates in management decision making having fiscal implications in an effort to convey fiscal implications of decisions and ensure best solution is made to problems.
- Responsible for managing correct coding of expenses for proper input into system. Determines the problem with incorrectly coded expenses and recommends corrective action.
- Responsible for asset information and retirement contribution information.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and all journal entries into the automated financial control system for use in planning and evaluation activities.
- Interprets and ensures compliance of fiscal and related operations with governing laws, rules, regulations, and policies to protect against non-compliance ramifications.
- Prepares a variety of financial statements and reports, cost proposals, and billings to provide accurate information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Consults with staff on using the automated accounting system to ensure the system meets staff accounting needs and the system is used correctly.
- Performs fiscal assessment and analysis and provides information for program management decisions in an effort to convey accurate fiscal information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and statistical reports, accounting records, and budget reports to provide accurate information for planning and evaluation activities.
- Perform weekly and monthly customer and product sales analysis to summarize with Sales leadership.
- Review and analyze monthly expense trends and identify key drivers.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics required
- At least three years as a financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Good knowledge of professional accounting theory, principles, techniques, and procedures; regulations and law governing accounting practices; design and maintenance of accounting systems; computerized accounting systems; governmental tax policy and procedures; cash management practices; the preparation of financial reports, statements, and schedules.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial information and reports.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a CPA is preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability of professional accounting theory, principles, techniques, and procedures; regulations and law governing accounting practices; design, installation, and maintenance of accounting systems; computerized accounting systems; cash management practices; prepare financial reports, statements, and schedules; management principles including developing objectives, projecting and managing under a budget, evaluating department operations, and managing and motivating employees; necessary inter-department communications related to certain fiscal control activities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5-10 pounds
- The work is typically performed in a temperature controlled office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Working hours could extend beyond normal business hours depending on varied workload
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environments and general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time