Ethnic Manager, Product Line (Asian Segment)
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The primary purpose of the Product Line Manager – Asian Segment is to lead the development, promotion of the Asian Core Product Line. The role requires a strong ability to influence and lead across organizational boundaries
The Product Line Manager, Asian Segment must:
- Have a strong knowledge of several Asian cultures, food category usage and preferably the Food Service environment
- Stay abreast of trends impacting the Asian business
- Monitor competitive activities and the Asian impact
- Understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the Asian marketplace.
The Product Line Manager, Asian Segment requires strong analytical skills and an ability to translate analyses into recommended action plans. Program elements include advertising, promotion, products, pricing, packaging, innovation, merchandising and other key drivers of short and long term profitability and market share for Sysco's Asian business.
The Product Line Manager, Asian Segment must be a strong leader of people working across functional departments. The Product Line Manager, Asian Segment plays a leadership role throughout the corporation in his or her coordination with other functional areas to ensure that the necessary actions occur in support of the Asian business projects. He or She will play a leadership role in project management with suppliers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the products throughout their lifecycles, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements and appropriate product positioning for current and future products by conducting market research supported by Customer and Market insights, competitor analysis, and on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Travel to Operating Companies and assist where needed (product Training, work food shows and sales meetings).
- He/she is an information source for product knowledge, earned income, pricing, market trends and product availability.
- Work closely with category Managers, Product Managers, and quality teams to ensure customer’s requirements are met.
- Identifies necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Manage all documentation about Asian products and its applications (brochures, promotional leaflets, recipes, specification sheets, presentations, etc) in collaboration with the Asian Marketing Manager.
- Maintain constant and concise communication with both field sales and key Opco personnel in developing and evaluating the effectiveness of new products introductions
- Lead cross functional teams across our corporate and operating companies Sales and Marketing teams to help optimize our annual food shows, targeted customer events, and the business review process.
- Identify and maintain high-level supplier relationships to create and implement joint strategies that will drive profitable growth of the Asian Segment.
- Identify and participates in trade shows and conferences both in the US and outside the US (Asia).
- Provide key input on pricing strategies to maximize profitability and brand/product positions in the marketplace.
MISSION CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Creativity, Drive for Results, Action Oriented, Functional/Technical Skills, Learning on the Fly, Organization Agility, Priority Setting, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University.
- Master preferred
- Previous 3+ years of Merchandising and/or Marketing Management level experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong operational discipline skills and able to handle multiple jobs and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Bilingual (English/Asian Languaje) is mandatory with proficiency in written/verbal communications
- Strong understanding of the cultural differences and needs of U.S. Asian consumers and FoodService Operators
- Ability to work in unstructured environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time